Ranch Room Building Celebrates 125 Years
Vernost Wine will celebrate Ranch Room’s 125th Anniversary this Saturday with live music throughout out the day. History of Ranch Room It was 125 years ago this month (June) that Fred Fromholz finished construction on his new two-story brick building on N. Main in Hennessey. Fromholz was an entrepreneur who believed Hennessey had a great future. The first business to move in to the new building was Clipper Drug, which previously also owned The Hennessey Clipper newspaper, but was sold off and separated in June of 1893. Dr. Champlin and other renters had offices upstairs, as well as a boarding house rooms. After the Cherokee Strip Land Run later that year, Fromholz built and opened Bison State Bank in Bison. That building is still in use today, as is the building housing the Bison Post Office.
To read more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition http://etypeservices.com/Hennessey%20ClipperID622/